Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

At Home Hair Routine

Hi Glam Beauties,

Since I was not able to post my top used hair products for 2013 I figured why not share it for 'must use 2014 products'. Start the new year off right! ;)

I love trying new hair products especially since I am letting my hair grow; it constantly needs to be nourished and maintained. Five out of the seven days of the week I curl my hair with a heated curling wand which is extremely damaging to my hair if I don't apply the right products.

ALTERNA Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Pure Treatment Oil $25 (Buy Here)




This frizz control oil is meant for thick/course hair but they also sell an oil spray for thin hair. The bottle recommends 1 drop but I use about 3-4 drops and it does not leave my hair oily. This product has really helped improve my dry hair.


Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Binding Targeted Leave-In Treatment Creme $11 (Buy Here)


Since I curl my hair so often I get major split ends so I use a leave in conditioner made to mend split ends. I have been using Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Binding for a couple of years now and it has done wonders to my hair. I apply a quarter size amount to my ends while my hair is still damp.


Caviar Seasilk Oil Gel $28 (Buy Here)


After I apply the split end treatment I apply an oil gel to hydrate and smooth my hair. More than often my hair gets very frizzy as soon as it begins to dry. I have tried so many products to keep it from frizzing after the shower but none did the job. I recently began experimenting with Alterna x Caviar Seasilk Oil Gel and ladies, this is the one. I apply 2-3 pumps in my hand and evenly spread it out through my hair avoiding the roots, unless you are going to style it right away. I usually just let my hair be and then curl with my wand a day later. It feels silky and most importantly it tames my frizzy hair. 


Bamboo Smooth: Anti-Breakage Thermal Protectant Spray $22 (Buy Here)


Before I apply any type of heat to my hair I spray this amazing heat protecting spray from Bamboo Smooth: Anti- Breakage Thermal Protectant Spray. I use to use a heat protecting spray from Tresemme which left my hair wet, hard and the bottle nozzle was a disaster.

The Bamboo product is a creme texture but it sprays liquid. The nozzle sprays evenly onto my hair, it absorbs quickly without leaving it too moist and leaves my hair extremely smooth. I run my fingers through my hair, let it dry naturally and begin to curl. My hair feels amazingly smooth after I curl it giving my heated curls a natural look and feel.


Matrix Biolage Monoi Oil Softening Treatment $12 (Buy Here)


After I curl my hair I apply 2-3 drops of Monoi Oil Softening Treatment from Matrix Biolage (for thick/ course hair) it gives my hair instant shine while conditioning the cuticles to soften hair. I apply it all over my hair from root to ends. (not to heavy on the roots if you have oily hair) There are three types of oils in this collection for all hair types.


 L'Oreal Paris Elnett Satin strong hold Hairspray $15 (Buy Here)


To complete my look I finish it off by using the one and only L'Oreal Paris Elnett Satin strong hold Hairspray. I gives the perfect amount of hardness and does not flake or leave white residue. 


What are your favorite hair products?

XOXO
JGlam 

No comments:

Post a Comment