Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Real You Is Sexy #aerieREAL

Hello Glam Beauties,

I recently came across an article discussing Aerie's recent ad campaign reflecting their models not being retouched. I truly love this campaign! Lately, I have been seeing more and more company's who cater to young women, like myself, embrace and share photos of models in their campaigns not retouched.

Seventeen magazine is great with responding to their readers and the issue of their models being airbrushed came up. Seventeen showed a raw image of the picture vs a retouched picture. The changes were very minimal and the only change I saw was the girl had a piece of hair covering her eye so they removed it. It is great to see that company's are changing their ways especially since young women and girls are so easily influenced by models and celebrities.





No comments:

Post a Comment