Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

10 Black Friday TIps



It isn't a complete Thanksgiving weekend without the best holiday deals and sales. Good ol' Black Friday and Cyber Monday, for those avid online shoppers. I attended Black Friday twice and neither time did I have a plan. Create a plan. I literally walked around the mall and waited on long unnecessary lines for clothes I didn't really want but couldn't let go of the deal. So to help you avoid all the unnecessary drama I compiled a list of tips from my personal experience and from other articles online. 
  1. Do research to see what stores are going to have the best deals. Check to see if the deals are really worth it. (Electronics usually have the best deals, everywhere.)
  2. Decide where you want to shop, whether at the mall or avenue. Have a list of stores you want to go to.
  3. If you drive expect to be in traffic for a while. I have a trusty cab driver that I would call when I'm ready and ask to wait for me a few blocks away.
  4. Most stores open at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving night so remember to be there early if you are looking to buy a specific item.
  5. Wear comfortable shoes. Use a small bag like a cross body, large bags get pushed and shoved. 
  6. Safety tips: go with a friend. Buy what you can carry. Be careful carrying large amounts of cash. Be aware of your surroundings.
  7. Use Bing maps to find stores at the mall. (Glamour)
  8. Glamour magazine recommends comparing prices by using an app. This is tricky because if the store is really hectic it will be difficult to do. 
  9. "Take a minute to stop and consider the value of your time. Is 70 percent off worth getting into a fistfight over some pants from two seasons ago that you don't really need anyway?" Glamour magazine could not have said it any better. 
  10. Remember that most of the items sold on Black Friday are final sale, so pay attention to your reciepts.  

Enjoy! Let me know the best deals you were able to take advantage of! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment